Credit counselling in Alberta is a non-judgemental and free way to get your finances back on track.
We are proud to provide non-profit consumer debt and credit counselling services in Alberta.
Our professional debt relief experts can help you explore your options and determine the right solution for your personal situation.
With our help you:
- Will put an end to collection calls.
- Save money on high interest charges.
- Get your finances under control.
- Consolidate your debts into one low monthly payment.
Need Help Reviewing Your Financial Situation?
Contact a Licensed Trustee for a Free Debt Relief Evaluation
To learn how we can help you get your debt under control we are pleased to offer free appointments to speak with one of our licensed Alberta credit counsellors.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we offer consultation meetings by phone or video chat, as well as in person consultation meetings if you prefer.
We are pleased to share our knlowedge and expertise so you can make an informed decision about getting out of debt.
Schedule a free, non-judgemental and confidential meeting with a licensed Alberta credit counsellor today!
Consumer Debt is Rising in Alberta
The level of personal debt has been rising across Canada for many years.
However, consumer debt in Alberta is growing faster than the rest of the country.
Albertans have been trying to get control over this debt.
In certain cases they have gone bankrupt or filed for a consumer proposal.
However, many have turned to credit counselling in Alberta.
What is Credit Counselling and Will it Help Me?
Credit counselling is a comprehensive process of dealing with debt and money problems with a professional counsellor.
Credit counselling works to address the source of your money problems and how you can avoid such problems in the future.
You can get credit counselling from a licensed insolvency trustee, who are the only debt relief professionals that can provide bankruptcy and consumer proposal services.
During a typical credit counselling session you will learn:
- How to create a proper household budget.
- How to work with your creditors to negotiate lower interest charges and payment plans.
- How you can enter into an affordable repayment plan, if necessary (a consumer proposal).
The credit counsellor can help you set up a debt repayment plan that will work for your budget and household.
When Should I Opt for Credit Counselling?
Consumers with debt problems can always take advantage of meeting with a credit counsellor.
However, if you are dealing with the following issues, you should definitely consider credit counselling in Alberta:
- You are borrowing from one creditor to repay another.
- You struggle to make the minimum payments on your debts.
- You are unable to qualify for any more loans.
- You are dealing with collection activities, such as collection calls or wage garnishments.
- You have no money left over at the end of the month.
Learn About Your Options
If you are struggling with consumer debt, the only way out is to reach out to a licensed debt relief specialist who can help you explore all of your options, including credit counselling.