Debt Relief in Alberta, AB
Our Alberta debt relief solutions can help you climb out of debt and get on with your life.
It’s impossible to live life to the fullest when you’re in debt.
Creditors are banging on your door – both literally and metaphorically – leaving you with no peace.
It’s highly stressful, and the problem gets worse the longer it goes on.
We’re here to tell you that debt doesn’t have to be a permanent state.
Everyone can get clear of debt – that’s a fact.
Need Help Reviewing Your Financial Situation?
Contact a Licensed Trustee for a Free Debt Relief Evaluation
It might require some drastic solutions, but you can always free yourself from a debt trap and go back to living a carefree life.
It’s never advisable to attempt this journey on your own, particularly if you have no clue where to begin.
As credit counsellors and debt-relief experts, we’re in the perfect place to help you out.
Who is Alberta debt relief for?
Anyone in Alberta that feels overwhelmed or burdened by debt can seek debt relief services.
There’s no minimum amount of debt you need, and there’s no cap on how much debt you can have.
If you feel like you need help getting out of debt, then this is for you.
A good exercise is to answer these questions:
- Are you failing to keep up with debt repayments?
- Are you struggling to pay your bills?
- Do you keep paying the minimum on your credit cards?
- Do you owe money to multiple creditors?
- Are debt collection agencies contacting you?
- Do you feel stressed about your financial situation?
- Is your credit score suffering?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, debt relief services can benefit you somehow.
What are the benefits of debt relief services?
The obvious benefit of debt relief is that you can be free from the shackles of debt.
In some cases, this is an almost instant occurrence as you pay off your creditors or relinquish debts.
In other cases, your relief is more gradual as you reduce debts over time.
Either way, the future is bright as you no longer live with a mountain of debt.
Furthermore, debt relief services can help you in additional ways.
This includes the following:
- Reduce stress in your life by taking control of your financial situation.
- Learn how to budget properly and reduce reckless spending.
- Rebuild your damaged credit score.
- Live a more comfortable life without having to pay debts every month.
- Avoid selling assets by finding better solutions to deal with debt.
In truth, your life will change forever when you start solving your debt problems.
Many people believe they’re destined for a life of debt as they can never seem to shake it off.
But, with the right solutions and a debt reduction plan, you can achieve anything.
Different debt relief solutions
We’re avid believers that there’s a solution to every problem.
Regardless of how bad your debt is, we will find the right path for you to go down.
It begins with an initial consultation that looks at how bad things are for you.
We will help you calculate your total debts and weigh them up against your income.
Ultimately, this gives us the foundations to start building your plan based on what will work for your financial situation.
Here’s a list of the different options and ideas we will discuss with you:
- Budgeting – We start by helping you organize your budget and reduce your spending. This can get bad habits under control and let you save more money every month. In turn, your extra savings can go towards clearing debts. For a lot of minor debt problems, this is enough to solve the problem.
- Debt Consolidation – This is the act of combining lots of debts into one debt. It works by using a debt consolidation loan to pay all the various debts in one go. You will repay this loan by following a strict payment plan built to your needs. It’s helpful if you have a lot of debts and want to save money by reducing your interest rate.
- Debt Management/Debt Restructuring – Both of these terms are interchangeable as they refer to the same thing. This is the process of discussing debts with creditors and agreeing on new payment terms. The idea is to reduce how much you pay them, increasing the likelihood that you can actually make regular repayments and give them as much money as possible. Typically, creditors will agree to reduce or remove interest rates to lower the overall costs.
- Debt Settlements – In some cases, you may be severely in debt and unable to pay it all off. In which case, debt settlements can help you out. Here, your creditors agree on a lump sum to cover your debts. You pay it, and the debt is gone.
- Consumer Proposal & Bankruptcy – Both of these are legal processes that can provide debt relief for people in dire need of help. While the bankruptcy laws in Canada state you only need $1,000 to file for bankruptcy, it’s usually only a good idea for individuals with tens of thousands of dollars of debt. The idea is that you default all your debts and start fresh. You can be discharged from bankruptcy within a few months, though the impact affects your credit report for at least 6 years. A consumer proposal is a step below bankruptcy in terms of severity. It’s like a debt settlement in that you agree to pay your creditors a portion of your overall debt. The difference is you make monthly payments and it’s a legal process.
All of these services can help you deal with both unsecured and secured debts.
As we said, different people demand different solutions.
But, with the right assistance, you will soon be on the path to debt relief.
Book a debt relief consultation today
There’s no sense in leaving your debts to fester and grow bigger.
Take action by booking your debt relief consultation today.
It’s very easy, you just have to give us a call or fill in our online evaluation form.
Then, we’ll arrange an appointment at your convenience and start the journey towards a debt-free life.
Debt Relief in Alberta
Information on Consumer Proposals
Consumer Proposals in Canada – An Alternative to Bankruptcy
What is a Consumer Proposal?
How to Amend a Consumer Proposal
What are the Benefits of a Consumer Proposal?
What are the Steps in a Proposal?
Consumer Proposal Eligibility
What Debts Are Erased in a Consumer Proposal?
Is There Life After a Proposal?
How to File for Bankruptcy
What is Bankruptcy?
How Does Bankruptcy Work?
What is the Cost of Bankruptcy in Canada?
How to Rebuild Credit Following Bankruptcy
Personal Bankruptcy in Canada
What Debts are Erased in Bankruptcy?