Get Your Free Credit Report by using the form below:
Purchase your credit bureau report online for $15.50
You can Download this form for your FREE Credit Report in Word format
Bankruptcy Canada Tip:
You are able to put a one hundred word paragraph into your credit report file, so anyone who obtains a future report can read your note.
Credit Reporting Acts Protect Several Rights of Consumers:
- The Act applies only to consumer transactions.
- Reports may be given to a person seeking information only for the purpose of: extending credit or collecting a debt; a tenancy inquiry employment or insurance verification under authority granted by a government statute otherwise, as a direct business requirement.
- Before a person may obtain a report, she or he must: have the consumer’s consent in writing, or notify the consumer by mailing a notice postmarked at least three days before obtaining the report.
- If a consumer is denied credit or has an increased cost as a result of information obtained in a credit report, the person must be notified promptly by the person denying credit.
- The consumer has a right to place a 100 word statement (50 recommended) on the credit bureau file, to be given to anyone who obtains a future report.
- A consumer has a right to see the file and has a right to receive a copy of any report.