Prince George Credit Counselling Services
Find Out How You Can Get Out Of Debt By Using Our Prince George Credit Counselling Services
If you’re struggling with debt in Prince George, credit counselling services may be just what you need to repay your debt once and for all and begin working toward a better future for you and your family.
If you’re in a lot of debt, have tried and failed to get out of debt before, or just want professional guidance that will help you make the right financial decisions, Prince George credit counselling services may be the best option for you.
Read on to learn more details, or contact us now to schedule a free consultation.
Why Would I Need A Credit Counsellor? 4 Signs That You May Need Help With Debt
Not sure that credit counselling services in Prince George are right for you?
Wondering if your debt is serious enough to require the help of a professional credit counselling agency?
Here are a few of the reasons you may choose to get help.
- You’re behind on your bills – Falling behind on bills could expose you to high fees and penalty interest rates on credit cards, result in utility or cell phone service shut-offs, and more. If you are having trouble keeping your head above water and are living paycheck-to-paycheck, credit counselling services in Prince George may be right for you.
- You can barely make minimum credit card payments – Making only minimum credit card payments isn’t sustainable. Eventually, your debt will continue to grow until you can’t even cover the cost of a minimum monthly payment. Not being able to repay your credit cards is a sure sign that you could benefit from credit counselling.
- You’re worried about losing your home or car – Credit card debt and debt from personal loans may make it hard for you to pay more important debts, such as car loans and mortgages or rent. If you’re worried that your car may be repossessed because you can’t make your monthly payments or are concerned about making rent or paying your mortgage, you need to get help right away.
- You can’t get away from debt collectors – If debt collectors are calling you constantly and sending you letters, emails, voicemails, and more, your quality of life can be negatively affected. You’ll constantly be reminded of your inability to pay your debts, and feel ashamed and bad about your financial situation. But with credit counselling, you can develop a plan to repay what you owe, and get rid of debt collectors for good.
If you feel like you’re drowning in debt and you don’t know what to do to improve your financial situation, give us a call.
With Prince George credit counselling services from us, you can take the first step toward a debt-free future.
Need Help Reviewing Your Financial Situation?
Contact a Licensed Trustee for a Free Debt Relief Evaluation
How Can A Credit Counsellor Help Me Get Out Of Debt?
Not sure what a credit counsellor can do for you in Prince George?
Here are a few of the ways that your counsellor can help you get out of debt and improve your financial situation.
- Get help with budgeting & personal finance – Budgeting and financial literacy are essential for getting out of debt, and for living a debt-free life after you’ve paid off what you owe. By focusing on the basics of budgeting and managing money and credit responsibly, your credit counsellor can help you escape the cycle of debt, once and for all.
- Explore debt consolidation – Debt consolidation loans may be a good option for some consumers. For example, if you have multiple high-interest credit cards and you cannot make your minimum payments, debt consolidation may be right for you.In debt consolidation, you take out a loan from a bank at a lower interest rate and use it to repay your debt. Then, you’ll simply make one monthly payment to the bank to repay your debts. Over the years, this can save you thousands of dollars in interest fees.
- Negotiate with creditors through debt management programs – A debt management program involves your credit counsellor negotiating with each of your creditors individually to reduce the amount you owe, extend your repayment terms, or lower your interest rate. Then, you’ll simply pay what you owe in a single monthly payment, which will be distributed to your creditors. Typically, these programs last 3-5 years.
- Assistance with student loan repayments – Whether you have government-issued student loans or private student loans, our credit counsellors can help you explore options for relief including loan refinancing, the Repayment Assistance Plan (RAP), and other options to help you manage your student debt and any other debt you may have.
- Discuss consumer proposals & bankruptcy – A consumer proposal is a good option for those who owe less than $250,000. In this method of discharging your debts, you will work with a Licensed Insolvency Trustee, who will put together a proposal to your creditors for your debt repayment. You may be able to extend your payment terms to up to 5 years or reduce the total amount you owe. Bankruptcy also may be a reasonable last-resort option if you have a lot of debt that you are not able to repay, and it’s not possible to use other methods like debt consolidation or negotiating directly with creditors to reduce your payments.
Depending on your personal situation, any or all of these services may be right for you.
At BankruptcyCanada, our experienced credit counsellors in Prince George can help you explore all of your options for getting out of debt, restoring your finances, and providing you with the peace of mind you deserve.
Set Up A Free Credit Counselling Consultation Today
Our friendly Prince George credit counselling services are always available to you.
Our team of financial experts can provide you with the advice you need to build a better future for yourself and for your family.
So don’t wait.
Contact us now to get a free consultation, and see how we can help you get out of debt in Prince George.