All the records and documents required to file bankruptcy are listed on the information form trustees require you to fill out before coming in for you initial consultation.
The trustee will also require you to swear an oath that everything stated on the information form is correct.
The following records and documents required to file bankruptcy are provided by Bankruptcy Canada:
Records and documents required to file bankruptcy – Personal information, including your SIN, employers for the past two years, dependents, and your spouses SIN, and prior bankruptcies;
- Self employment for the past five years, including GST/HST numbers and if you were a director of a company;
- Monthly income for you and all family members, non- discretionary expenses and discretionary expenses;
- Records and documents required to file bankruptcy – List of your assets. A list of 18 kinds of assets are provided;
- Creditors names, addresses and amount of debt owing;
- Debts arising from your guarantee of any debts or co-signing any loans;
- Records and documents required to file bankruptcy – Whether in the last twelve (12) months you have sold, transferred or disposed of any assets;
- Within the last twelve (12) months, have you made payments in excess of regular payments to any creditor, either in Canada or elsewhere?
- Within the last twelve (12) months, have you had any assets seized by a creditor, either in Canada or elsewhere?
- Do you expect to receive any sums of money, or any other property within the next 12 months, which are not related to your normal income?
- Records and documents required to file bankruptcy – Within the last five (5) years have you sold, disposed of, or transferred any real estate?
- Within the last five (5) years have you made any gifts to relatives or others in excess of $500.00?
- List the banks that you are currently dealing with:
- Do you have a safety deposit box?
- Does anyone owe you any money?
- Do you currently own any of the following? (a) Collectibles (stamps,coins, art, antiques, etc.) (b) Savings bonds (owned presently or being purchased on a payroll savings plan). (c) R.R.S.P.’s (d) Shares (owned presently or being purchased on a payroll savings plan).
- Personal life insurance policies (please include a copy of your life insurance policy).
- Are you a beneficiary of a will or will you receive an inheritance?
- Has anyone started legal proceedings against you?
- Records and documents required to file bankruptcy – Do any of your debts arise from: A fine or penalty imposed by court; A recognizance or bail bond; Alimony or maintenance payments; Fraud, embezzlement, misappropriation; Defalcation while acting in a fiduciary capacity; Obtaining property by false pretences/ fraudulent misrepresentation.
- For which year did you file your last income tax return? Did you receive a refund? Are there arrears owing? Is there a copy available?
- Are you paying/receiving any alimony or maintenance?
- Please describe briefly, the circumstances which caused your financial difficulties.
- I HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS APPLICATION AND ATTACHED INVENTORY SHEET IS A TRUE, CORRECT AND COMPLETE STATEMENT THAT FULLY DISCLOSES THE STATE OF MY ASSETS AND LIABILITIES. Your Signature. Date.