Procrastination and Debt: It’s not going to reduce itself!
A small percentage of people tend to get on with what they need to get on with and don’t give it a second thought.
Most people procrastinate.
The reasons for one person’s procrastination may not match another person’s reasons.
One person may be doing it as they fear they will fail, another might do it because they lack clear goals.
This is why so many people procrastinate when it comes to paying off their debts – but your debts won’t reduce themselves!
Don’t Ignore Debts
The more you ignore your debts, as tempting as that may be, the worse you’ll feel.
Debts can feel like a weight on your shoulders, and the more you ignore it the more you owe.
This can make the feelings worse over time.
Debts can affect your mental and physical health: your appetite, your sleep, and so much more.
Paying off your debts rather than procrastinating with them is an act of self care.
If you feel like you could be on the verge of seriously suffering because you’ve been ignoring your debts, there’s no better time to deal with them than the present.
Here are few things you can do now to begin dealing with your debt:
- Take an honest look at your financial situation. Don’t kid yourself. Do the math and figure out exactly what you owe, what you earn, and what you’re spending.
- See if you can come up with a rough budget that you feel you could stick to.
- Set SMART money goals. Having money goals can keep you on track. SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely. Make sure they resonate with you on an emotional level.
- Tell somebody you trust what you are going through and see if they can help you to come up with a plan.
- Contact a professional for debt relief services.
Depending on what stage you’re at with your debt, it might be wise to contact a professional sooner, rather than later.
You might think that that’s an extreme step, but if you feel unable to move forward alone, you will be able to get started on your plan right away with the help of a professional debt relief company like Bankruptcy Canada.
Get In Touch With Bankruptcy Canada Today
If you want to start your journey to financial stability, get in touch with Bankruptcy Canada today.
We will take a look at your finances with no judgement, assess your options, and give you solutions.
We will help you to come up with a plan to enable you to move forward feeling knowledgeable and empowered, and you will be able to stay out of debt in the long run.
We know this can be scary, but procrastinating will only make it worse.
Get in touch with us today to see how we can help you.