The information on the Bankruptcy Canada website is provided with the understanding that the authors and publishers are not herein engaged in rendering legal, insolvency, tax, or other professional advice and services.
As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional insolvency, tax, legal or other competent advisers.
While we have made every attempt to ensure that the information contained in this website has been obtained from reliable sources, Bankruptcy Canada is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information.
This website, and its contents, are Copyright©1999-2017 by Bankruptcy Canada. No part of this Web Site may be copied without the express permission of Bankruptcy Canada.
This website is secure. The presence of SSL means you can rest assured that communications (e.g. financial information) between your browser and this site’s web servers are private and secure when the SSL session is activated.
We collect personal information about you in two principal ways:
Information you provide to us: When you submit a request for an evaluation, send an email or phone a trustee in bankruptcy listed on our website we collect the following information from you:
- Your name, city of residence, e-mail address, and telephone number
- General information about your assets, debts, income, and expenses
Information automatically generated from this website: We also collect certain information about you automatically when you visit our website through our use of “cookies.” Cookies are electronic identifiers that are transferred automatically to your computer through your browser and they allow our computers to save certain information you provide us and store information about you so we can recognize you when you visit our website in the future.
We also automatically collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address (which allows us to understand how you use our site and to enable us to make changes to our site in order to improve your user experience); information regarding your computer and your connection to our site (such as your browser type, operating system, and platform); and your user history to, during your visit, and away from our website (such as session information, page loading times, page errors and broken links, the length of your visits to specific pages within our site, and other information related to your experience on our site).
How we use information we collect through this website:
All of the information we obtain about you is stored securely on our servers and we use it only for the following purposes:
- to identify the Licensed Insolvency Trustee you have contacted;
- to allow Licensed Insolvency Trustees in your area to evaluate your situation and provide bankruptcy services to you;
- to evaluate your experience on our site and make improvements to it.
Who we share your information with:
- Where you request an evaluation and do not designate a specific trustee in bankruptcy, we will forward the financial information you provided, in confidence, to a Licensed Insolvency Trustee in your area;
- We will not share your personal information with any outside parties without your permission and we will never sell your email address to anyone;
- We will disclose your information to proper authorities only when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, valid legal process, a court order, a current judicial proceeding, or to protect our rights or property;
- We may also provide aggregate statistical information that does not personally identify you (such as the city or province you live in) to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes. We will not, however, disclose any personally identifiable information about you to these parties.
How we protect your personal information:
We take reasonable measures to protect your information on our servers. Please understand that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online (such as through an email message or through filling out an online form), this information cannot be made 100 percent secure and, in some cases, that information can be intercepted, collected, and used by others.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to External Sites: